Rebates for Low Flow Toilets are Back!
Due to numerous inquiries, your Environmental Advisory Committee has set aside $5,000. of the 2012 Environmental Initiatives budget for low flow toilets.
Port Colborne is currently offering rebates to residents of single family homes who purchase and install a Port Colborne Approved water efficient toilet in their home.
There is a limit of one toilet rebate per residence and the approved toilet must have been purchased after January 1, 2009.
There are a limited number of rebates available each year. Rebates will be issued on a first come, first served basis.
Low Flow Toilet Rebate Program
Who is eligible for a rebate?
To be eligible for the program you must meet the following criteria:
1. Own or rent a single family dwelling located within the City of Port Colborne
A single family dwellings is:
- A single-detached home.
- A semi-detached home
- A multiplex unit(duplex, triplex, four-plex, five-plex,six-plex).
- An individual townhouse or condominium unit.
2. The program is open to residents serviced by the municipal water supply and residents on private systems.
By changing your old 13L per flush toilet to a maximum performance(MaP)approved 6L per flush toilet you can save up to $43 on your annual waterbill!
How do I apply for a rebate?
1. Be sure the toilet you purchased has a maximum flush capacity of 6 L or less per flush.
2. Complete your rebate application package in full and include:
Original receipt and/or invoice MUST show toilet has been paid for in full. Photocopies will not be accepted.
3. Before completing your application, please read all of the 'Terms and Conditions'.
Incomplete applications will be returned. Please mail your completed rebate package to:
Port Colborne Toilet Rebate Program: 66 Charlotte St., Port Colborne, Ont. L3K 3C8
Port Colborne will issue rebates within 6 to 8 weeks of receiving your application.
Terms and Conditions
All applicants are required to accept terms and conditions of rebate program, which include:
1. Only toilets purchased after January 1, 2009, and included on Port Colborne's approved toilets, are eligible for rebate, at a limit of one toilet rebate per single family residence. (New toilet must have a maximum flush capacity of 6 L or less per flush.)
2. Original receipt and/or invoice MUST show toilet has been paid for in full. Photocopies will not be accepted.
3. Details of the toilet manufacturer, name and model numbers must be provided to determine eligibility. Details can be provided in the form of a "cut-out" or sticker of the toilet box label (this is not mandatory, but assists in processing the application).
4. Rebates are currently only applicable to residents who own or rent a single family dwelling (detached or semidetached homes, an individual townhouse or condominium, or a multiplex unit up to a six-plex).
5. A valid and active Municipal Water Billing Account Number must be submitted with your application, unless the applicant is on a private well. The program is now open to private well owners.
6. Toilet MUST be installed prior to submission of rebate request. Installation date must be included on the application.
7. Application form must be completed correctly and in full.
8. The property where the approved toilet model is installed must be located within the City of Port Colborne.
9. The City of Port Colborne reserves the right to inspect installation and flush volume of each new toilet.
10. The City of Port Colborne reserves the right to inspect water meters of all participants, for the purpose of monitoring and evaluating water efficiency, within five years of the successful completion of the rebate form.
11. The City of Port Colborne requires participating individuals to assume the costs of the installation process or any plumbing alterations necessary for successful installation.
12. The City of Port Colborne requires proper disposal of any obsolete toilet models, at the responsibility of the participating individual.
- Call EMTERRA at 905-227-7771or 1-855-227-7771 at least 2 business days in advance of your regular collection day to book the pickup · Set out item for collection no earlier than 8 pm the evening before collection or later than 7 am the day of collection.Place out neatly curbside separate from other household waste and recycling.
- Residents who live in multi-unit buildings with 6 or more units are not permitted this free service. Residents of mixed use buildings (storefront with apartments above) are not permitted this service (no matter how few apartments are above storefront). Commercial and industrially zoned properties are not permitted this service. Above mentioned parties must take bulk items directly to a landfill for disposal. If you have any other questions aboutthe disposal of your old toilet, call The Region of Niagara - Waste Management Services Division : 905-356-4141
13. The City of Port Colborne reserves the right to indemnify the municipality for any warrantees, damages, costs, and third party claims resulting from participation in this program, as well as the reserved right to avoid liability for damages, costs, and claims resulting from negligent behaviour of a Port Colborne representative.
14. The City of Port Colborne reserves the right to alter, cancel or discontinue the program at any time.
15. The City of Port Colborne reserves the right to reverse the rebate if information provided on the application form is either incorrect or untrue, or if the terms and conditions of the program have at any time been breached.