Business Directory Details For: Davidson Funeral Home

 

Davidson Funeral Home

Category: 

Funeral Homes

Address: 

135 Clarence Street West

Port Colborne, Ontario, L3K 3G4

Phone: 

905-834-4833

Services: 

Davidson Funeral Homes have been serving families since 1951. Allan R. Davidson came to Port Colborne from Sarnia in 1949 and worked for the Dell-Merton Funeral Home which he purchased in 1951. The Dell-Merton Funeral Home had been serving Port Colborne and area families since 1928. He moved the business from its original site (located where Davies Stationery stands today) to the present location on the corner of Clarence and Elm Streets. In 1960, Mr. Davidson purchased the Sutherland-Thorpe Funeral Home in Welland. In 1972 he purchased the Baechler Funeral Home in Fort Erie and operated all three chapels until he sold the Welland Chapel in 1981. In 1989, Allan sold the business to his step-son Mark G. McCormack who continued to operate funeral homes in Port Colborne and Fort Erie. After one month short of 38 years of service to the residents of Fort Erie, the Fort Erie Chapel was sold to Karl Hammond in January 2010. Mark will continue to operate the Davidson Funeral Home in Port Colborne.