Regional Councillor David Barrick
Councillor David Barrick is serving his first term on Regional Council.
Councillor Barrick's political career began in 2006 when he was elected to Port Colborne City Council where he also served as Deputy Mayor. He was vice-chair of the Finance Committee, created and chaired the Environmental Advisory Committee and was a member of several other committees and boards, including the Regional Transportation Strategy Steering Committee.
Councillor Barrick is a former President of the Port Colborne Wainfleet Chamber of Commerce and was a member of the Rotary Club Centennial and the Welland Tribune Community Editorial Board. He served as commercial chair for the United Way of South Niagara and was a member of the Downtown Business Improvement Association Board. He is also a member of the Knights of Columbus.
Councillor Barrick is a winner of the Top 40 under 40 Business Achievement Award in Niagara. He has a Bachelor of Arts (Honors) in Political Science with concentration in Public Law from Brock University. A Registered Insurance Broker, Councillor Barrick is currently a Personal and Commercial lines Producer for The Verge Insurance Group with White's Insurance in Port Colborne.
Councillor Barrick and spouse Yakira have two children.
Committee Membership for Councillor Barrick
- Corporate Services Committee
- Integrated Community Planning Committee (Vice-Chair)
- Budget Review Committee of the Whole
- Greater Niagara Circle Route Committee
- Niagara Gateway Economic Zone and Centre Implementation Committee
- Niagara Peninsula Conservation Authority
- Niagara Regional Housing Board
- Transportation Strategy Steering Committee
- Port Colborne Physician Recruitment, Retention and Medical Education Committee
Contact Regional Councillor David Barrick:
174 Homewood Avenue,
Port Colborne, Ontario L3K 5M3
Email Regional Councillor Barrick