Parks & Recreation Master Plan Public Meeting Presentation
Click on image to download PDF.
The survey is now closed. Thank you for telling us how you #PORTicipate. Your input is valuable to the process. Results will be shared soon.
Congratulations to our winners:
Prize #1: $50 credit towards City of Port Colborne PD Day Program (Active Camps) - Morgan Cooper
Prize #2: Two VIP Tickets to “Motown Gold” at the Roselawn Centre for the Arts (September 27, 2019) - Marjorie Miller
Prize #3: Three-month membership at the YMCA - Joseph Kovacs
The City of Port Colborne is currently in the process of developing a Parks and Recreation Master Plan to guide the City’s direction for parks, fields, trails, recreational facilities, events, recreation and leisure programing for the next 10 years. The City has commissioned MacNaughton Hermsen Britton Clarkson Planning Limited (MHBC) to develop the Master Plan, the City’s first one. The principal objectives of the project are to document current recreation assets and capacity, and develop a series of recommendations and an action plan to accommodate the current and future recreational needs of the City.
What is the purpose of the Master Plan?
The City offers a variety of parks, recreation programs, sport services and facilities that engage citizens of all ages and abilities. The City is undertaking the preparation of a Parks and Recreation Master Plan to ensure that services continue to respond to the community needs, now and into the future.
The Parks and Recreation Master Plan will be an important document, as it will provide guidance concerning the improvement, future development and management of parks, open spaces, recreation and leisure services, programs, events, facilities and amenities, in a fiscally responsible and sustainable manner.
The Parks and Recreation Master Plan will:
• Include a comprehensive review and analysis of parks and recreation operational and service needs in the community in order to ensure services accommodate changes in growth and public demand;
• Provide for meaningful consultation with the public, user groups, stakeholders, Council and staff;
• Identify physical improvements to existing parks and new park amenities (including facilities, sports fields, play structures, trails, picnic shelters, splash pad, etc.);
• Provide a clear action plan and strategy to guide the development of future parks and recreation facilities, operations and services; and
• Guide the development of parks and recreation for the City and the community over the next ten years (using a community profile and a trends analysis).
There are currently no workshops scheduled.