Tell us how you #PORTicipate
Gathering feedback from local and regional residents, as well as new and long-term visitors is a crucial part of the planning process. We are looking for feedback on the current state of the City’s recreational amenities, programming and services.
Everyone who completes the survey will be entered into a draw to win one of three Port Colborne Prize Packages!
Prize #1: $50 credit toward a City of Port Colborne PD Day Program (Active Camps)
Prize #2: Two VIP Tickets to “A Tribute to Johnny Cash – Walk the Line” at the Roselawn Centre for the Arts (April 6, 2019)
Prize #3: Three-month membership at the YMCA
The survey will take approximately 15-20 minutes to complete. We thank you for your PORTicipation in the drafting of our Master Plan!
All questionnaire responses will remain confidential and will be analyzed and submitted as aggregated data. If you have any questions about the collection or use of your personal information, contact the Department of Community Services and Economic Development at 905-835-2901.
The City of Port Colborne is currently in the process of developing a Parks and Recreation Master Plan to guide the City’s direction for parks, fields, trails, recreational facilities, events, recreation and leisure programing for the next 10 years. The City has commissioned MacNaughton Hermsen Britton Clarkson Planning Limited (MHBC) to develop the Master Plan, the City’s first one. The principal objectives of the project are to document current recreation assets and capacity, and develop a series of recommendations and an action plan to accommodate the current and future recreational needs of the City.
What is the purpose of the Master Plan?
The City offers a variety of parks, recreation programs, sport services and facilities that engage citizens of all ages and abilities. The City is undertaking the preparation of a Parks and Recreation Master Plan to ensure that services continue to respond to the community needs, now and into the future.
The Parks and Recreation Master Plan will be an important document, as it will provide guidance concerning the improvement, future development and management of parks, open spaces, recreation and leisure services, programs, events, facilities and amenities, in a fiscally responsible and sustainable manner.
The Parks and Recreation Master Plan will:
• Include a comprehensive review and analysis of parks and recreation operational and service needs in the community in order to ensure services accommodate changes in growth and public demand;
• Provide for meaningful consultation with the public, user groups, stakeholders, Council and staff;
• Identify physical improvements to existing parks and new park amenities (including facilities, sports fields, play structures, trails, picnic shelters, splash pad, etc.);
• Provide a clear action plan and strategy to guide the development of future parks and recreation facilities, operations and services; and
• Guide the development of parks and recreation for the City and the community over the next ten years (using a community profile and a trends analysis).
Community Workshop #1
Community Workshop #1
Thursday, Jan. 24, 2019 6:30 - 8:30 p.m.
Click here for presentation.