"Canopy Ride Above Port Colborne" by Richard O'Neil - winner of the 2012 Summer Photography Competition
Photography Competition's on Niagara's South Coast
Throughout the year the City of Port Colborne has encouraged photographers of all skill levels to capture images of people, events, holidays, breathtaking landscapes and mother-nature and to share with us their vision of Niagara's South Coast. As we transition into fall, the City of Port Colborne is launching its fall 2012 Photography Competition - "All things Fall".
Photos of the impressive fall colours, a young child playing in a just raked pile of leafs, birds flying across the lake at dawn, displays of seasonal produce and let's not forget the scariest night of the year, Halloween!.... Look around at any moment, photographic opportunities are everywhere. It's time to share your photographic talent and reveal your vision of the city we live and play in.
Dare to Challenge your creativity!
Themes to Consider:
- Festivals and Events: Your interpretation of Thanksgiving, Halloween, fall festivals
- Crisp Air: Outdoor activities - cycling, hiking, or your favourite scenery in Port Colborne
- Fall Treats - images of your family enjoying the delicious fruits and vegetables in season at the farmer's market
- Fall Colours - Normally the best fall colours appear in mid-October
- Fun with Friends - an afternoon at the pumpkin patch, some of the best entries show people enjoying Port Colborne
The winning photo will be printed and displayed in City Hall, featured in the "City Hall News" insert in the InPort News, posted on the Port Colborne website(in low resolution), and in other print marketing produced for the City of Port Colborne. In addition to this recognition, the winning photographer will receive a $100 gift card.
How to Enter
Submit up to 5 high-resolution digital photos by November 15th on CD either by mail or in person to the Roselawn Centre at 296 Fielden Ave., or to City Hall at 66 Charlotte Street, or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Be sure to include your signed entry form with your submission
For more information please contact:
Marketing and Tourism Coordinator
905-834-1668 ext. 505