Fall branch collection starts next week on Nov. 2 and continues until Nov. 27. Curbside branch collection is available across Niagara Region to all residents living in single family homes and apartments with six units or less.
When setting out branches for collection, it is important to remember:
- Branches must be tied in bundles
- Maximum weight of bundle = 22.7 kg (50 lbs.)
- Maximum size of bundle = 1.5 m (5 ft.) in length and 0.5 m (1.6 ft.) in diameter
- Individual branches inside of the bundle must not exceed 7 cm (2.8 in.) in diameter
- Branches must be at the curb by 7 a.m. on your regular collection day, or placed out the night before after 5 p.m.
- During the weeks of fall branch collection, branches are often collected in a separate collection truck than Green Bin material
In addition to curbside collection, residents can also drop off branches (of any size) and yard waste at one of the Region’s Waste and Recycling Drop-off Depots year-round, free of charge.
Special collection weeks, such as branch collection, holiday collection and Christmas tree collection are included in the web/mobile app. View your address specific calendar or download the ‘Niagara Region Waste’ mobile app from the Apple or Google Play stores.
Visit us online for more information about Niagara Region’s waste management services, or call the Waste Info-Line at 905-356-4141 or 1-800-594-5542.