For the protection of the community and staff due to public health concerns regarding COVID-19, the City’s community and economic development department has made the decision to extend the cancellation of all City events, including third party community events held on City property, until Oct. 31, 2020.
This cancellation affects the following events:
- Port Colborne Downtown Cruisers Association Cruise Nights – Aug. 6, 13, 20, 27, Sept. 3, 10, 17, 2020;
- Nickel Beach Bonfire – Sept. 18, 2020;
- Volunteer Appreciation Banquet – Sept. 22, 2020;
- Terry Fox Run – Sept. 20, 2020 (being held virtually); and
- HarvestFest – Sept. 26, 2020.
In May of 2020, Council also approved the cancellation of the City’s signature event, the 42nd annual Canal Days Marine Heritage Festival, scheduled for this upcoming weekend, Friday, July 31 – Monday, Aug. 3, 2020.
Residents are encouraged to follow the City on social media, or visit the City’s designated COVID-19 webpage, for event updates.
Questions about City events? Call 905-835-2900 ext. 566 or email email@example.com.