When: Wednesday, May 27, 2020
1 – 3 p.m. (time reduced due to heat warning)
Parking lot access available starting at 11 a.m.
Where: Vale Health & Wellness Centre parking lot, 550 Elizabeth Street
Parking will take place in the northern section of the parking lot.
City of Port Colborne and Port Cares staff and volunteers will direct
attendees from the parking lot.
Unfortunately, the City could not secure bus transportation and attendees will be responsible for obtaining their own transportation to the Vale Health & Wellness Centre.
What do attendees need to bring?
· Niagara is currently under a heat warning. Attendees should bring personal water, wear hats and sunscreen, and, if possible, to bring an umbrella to help protect from the sun.
· Attendees are also encouraged to bring their own hand sanitizer and face masks, if they have them.
What can attendees leave at home?
· Bags. Brandon’s No Frills in Port Colborne has generously donated bags.
· Where possible, we are asking for only one member of each household to attend.
What can attendees expect on location?
· Attendees will receive free groceries from an anonymous donor, while quantities last.
· Two portable washrooms and a handwashing station will be on site.
· Attendees are to follow best practices outlined by Niagara Region Public Health to limit the spread of COVID-19, including physical distancing and the use of hand wash stations/sanitization of hands.
· All volunteers and staff will be wearing personal protective equipment, including masks.
· By-law staff will also be on location.