For the protection of the community and staff due to public health concerns regarding COVID-19, the City’s community and economic development department have made the difficult decision to cancel all City events, including third party community events held on City property, until July 2, 2020.
This cancellation affects the following events:
- Port Colborne Downtown Cruisers Association Cruise Nights – May 14, 21, 28, June 4, 11, 18, 25, and July 2, 2020.
- Community Safety Day with the Port Colborne Fire Department – May 23, 2020.
- Port Colborne Downtown Cruisers Association Powerfest – June 6, 2020.
- Nickel Beach Bonfire – June 19, 2020.
- Art Crawl – June 20, 2020.
- Port Colborne & District Conservation Club Kids Fishing Derby – June 21, 2020.
- Budweiser Can Am Walleye Fishing Tournament – June 26 – 27, 2020.
- Port Colborne Optimist Club presents Canada Day in the Park – July 1, 2020.
Council also approved the cancellation of the City’s signature event, the 42nd annual Canal Days Marine Heritage Festival, scheduled for Friday, July 31 – Monday, August 3, 2020.
The City’s events team is working on a virtual way for Port Colborne residents to celebrate Canada Day. Staff are also working with third-party event coordinators and will be postponing event dates wherever possible.
Residents are encouraged to follow the City on social media or visit the City’s designated COVID-19 webpage, for event updates.
Questions about City events? Call 905-835-2900 ext. 566 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.