Despite COVID-19 the City is continuing to move forward with efforts to improve its service delivery for the public, which includes the development of the municipality’s new website.
With City facilities closed and everyone practicing physical distancing, staff are utilizing an online platform called Treejack to conduct a sitemap focus group to engage with the public and gather feedback for the website’s development. Between April 2-9, 2020, residents, businesses, and visitors can PORTicipating by visiting www.portcolborne.ca/page/customer_service. The activity should not take longer than 10-15 minutes.
“The community’s feedback for our site map is extremely important, especially since it will help us organize the content on our new City website that will serve the needs of residents, visitors, business owners, staff, and elected officials,” commented Bill Myers, project coordinator.
What is a sitemap? The sitemap is the map of how the entire website will be laid out, and is the basis for the homepage. The intent is to create a homepage that is user-friendly with an intuitive design. The first step in this process is to identify and create the main headings that will appear on the homepage. The second step is to compile a list of all other pages that will appear on the site, and decide under which heading they will appear.
Through the RFP process, the City has secured eSolutions for the design and development of the new website, set to launch in October 2020. The new website is part of the City’s implementation of the Municipal Modernization Program, a provincial grant program that provided the municipality with $711,467 to modernize service delivery and improve front line services. Council endorsed the project in CAO Report 2019-69 at their May 13, 2019 meeting.
In addition to the website, projects the municipality is undertaking as part of this modernization program include:
- Customer Satisfaction Survey to assist the City with modernization of service delivery and improve front-line service to residents and businesses. To complete the survey, visit www.portcolborne.ca/page/customer_service.
- Redesigning the front counters of City Hall to improve resident and visitors first point of contact. Customers will experience an inviting space that provides accessible options including a lowered counter space and a privacy counter.
- Upgrades to the City’s phone system, which includes the return of live answering in late Nov. 2019.
- Implementation of CityWide, a new work order software for improved communication and access between residents and staff.
- Corporate branding implementation for consistent application across the municipality; and
- Customer service policy update.
For more information about the project, email email@example.com, call 905-835-2900 ext. 128, or visit www.portcolborne.ca/page/customer_service.