Dear Niagara Residents,
As we all know, COVID-19 is here in our community. As a response, we have one simple message: stay home.
By staying home, you will help keep everyone safe. By limiting how much we leave our homes we are helping to protect our loved ones, vulnerable neighbours and the health care workers who are working around the clock to keep us all safe.
We also need to listen to our public health experts:
· Wash your hands frequently and disinfect high-trafficked surfaces and areas
· Practice physical distancing: keep 6-feet apart from others and do not gather in groups
· Physical distancing does not mean social isolation: check on your loved ones with a phone call or email
· Isolate yourself for 14 days if you are returning home from being anywhere outside Canada (this includes the United States). This is mandatory under the federal Quarantine Act.
· And please, stay home unless you are an essential service
We know that many of you have already been following this advice and we thank you. If you have not been, it is not too late to do the right thing to protect our community from COVID-19. None of us are invincible. Now is the time to do your part: this is not a time to go to parks, take your kids to playdates or host parties.
We know these are challenging times for all of us. If you are feeling stressed, anxious or confused, reach out to Niagara Region Public Health for accurate information. Mental health supports are also available for children, youth and adults across the region by phone and online.
We have been hearing amazing stories of how many of you are supporting one another. It is during some of the most challenging times that Niagara proves it is one of the best places to live, work, raise a family and do business.
As your Mayors and Regional Chair, we want to assure you that when we emerge on the other side of this crisis we will be a stronger, and more resilient Niagara.
We are all in this together, and we will get through this together.