The City of Port Colborne is looking to gather feedback to improve their customer service delivery by launching a customer satisfaction survey. Input from the community will assist the City with the modernization of their service delivery and improve their front line service to residents and visitors.
PORTicipate by completing the survey, which takes approximately five minutes, by visiting www.portcolborne.ca/page/customer_service. Hard copies of the survey are also be available at City Hall (66 Charlotte Street) and the Port Colborne Public Library (310 King Street).
The survey is part of the City’s implementation of the Municipal Modernization Program, a provincial grant program that provided the municipality with $711,467 to modernize service delivery and improve front line services. Council endorsed the project in CAO Report 2019-69 at their May 13, 2019 meeting.
Current projects the municipality is undertaking as part of this modernization program include:
- Redesigning the front counters on the first and second floors of City Hall to improve resident and visitors first point of contact. Customers will experience an inviting space that provides accessible options including a lowered counter space and a privacy counter.
- Upgrades to the City’s phone system, which includes the return of live answering in late Nov. 2019.
- Website redesign that is customer friendly and promotes ease of access to information.
- Implementation of CityWide, a new work order software for improved communication and access between residents and staff.
- Corporate branding implementation for consistent application across the municipality; and
- Customer service policy update.
“Continuous feedback from the community, our customers, throughout the year as the municipality works towards implementing the municipal modernization program is integral to the programs success,” said project coordinator Bill Myers. “Our focus with this program is to ensure we are communicating with and accessible by our customers”.
The City’s implementation of the Municipal Modernization Program will be completed by the end of 2020. For more information about the project email email@example.com, call 905-835-2900 ext. 128, or visit www.portcolborne.ca/page/customer_service.