Test it Tuesday - May 14, 2019

Posted by Michelle Cuthbert on Monday, April 15th, 2019

Port Colborne Fire & Emergency Services will be heading to homes in Port Colborne on Tuesday, May 14, for ‘Test it Tuesday’. In an effort to ensure every Port Colborne home has working smoke and carbon monoxide alarms, residents are encouraged to PORTicipate by testing their alarms.   

“In Port Colborne we have experienced firsthand the tragedy of fire, and have been working diligently to ensure every home in Port Colborne has working smoke and carbon monoxide alarms,” said Charles Turpin, Fire Prevention Officer, Port Colborne Fire & Emergency Services. “We are always working towards 100% compliance across the city”.

Fire Fighters will be visiting neighbourhoods across Port Colborne on Tuesday, May 14, assisting residents with alarm testing and installing working alarms if the homes do not comply. These efforts are extending across the Niagara Region as the 11 other municipalities of the Niagara Chapter of Ontario Municipal Fire Prevention Officers Association will also be participating in ‘Test it Tuesday’. 

 

 

 
 
 

News Archive

 
Spring clean up continues in Port Colborne
Garden beds on West Street get a springtime makeover
Michelle CuthbertThu Apr 18th, 2019
Curbside Battery Collection
One week only: April 22-26
Michelle CuthbertTue Apr 16th, 2019
Test it Tuesday - May 14, 2019
Are there working heroes in your home?
Michelle CuthbertMon Apr 15th, 2019
You are invited to PORTicipate in the Port Co…
We need your input on April 24! The City of Port Colborne is preparing its …
Michelle CuthbertThu Apr 11th, 2019
Moving Transit Forward
The Niagara Region is hosting two public meetings on the future of speciali…
Michelle CuthbertThu Apr 11th, 2019
Easter Weekend in Port Colborne
Farmers' Market, Easter Eggstravaganza, Port Fire Food Drive, Holiday Closu…
Michelle CuthbertMon Apr 8th, 2019
April 7-13, 2019 is Volunteer Appreciation We…
Meet Shelley Dressel - Roselawn Volunteer for 19 years!
Michelle CuthbertMon Apr 8th, 2019
Smoke alarm saves life at 91 Bell Street
The only tenant that was in the home was able to escape out the front door,…
Michelle CuthbertSun Apr 7th, 2019
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next »