Main Street West Property Profile
Main Street West, Port Colborne, Ontario, Canada, 5.52 acres
General Site Description
General Site Description
This site is 5.52 acres of development ready, greenfield land, located on an arterial road. The site is zoned Highway Commercial and construction of a custom facility can begin as soon as possible. There are several local construction contractors with extensive experience designing and building commercial facilities. Most supplies for construction can also be locally sourced.
- 5.52 acres of development ready, greenfield land.
A real estate investment company is the current owner of this site, which is unused.
- Water service at the site is one 400 mm (15.8 inch) line; sanitary sewer at site is one 250 mm (9.8 inch) line.
- Electrical service at site is 27.6 kv. Upgraded service is available.
- Natural gas service at site is one 50 mm (2 inch) pipe.
- A variety of broadband telecommunications are available at the site including fibre and coaxial.
- The site is located close to two expressways. It is 14 km (8.5 miles) from Hwy. 406 which is part of Ontario's sophisticated highway network, and is 26.5 km (16.5 miles) from the Queen Elizabeth Way, which offers numerous connections to Western New York. The site is also close to three other provincial highways that serve as secondary transportation routes in Ontario.
- Port Colborne is located 20 to 30 minutes from the Peace Bridge, which connects to the Interstate Highway System in Buffalo, New York.
- Port Colborne is located 30 to 40 minutes from the Buffalo International Airport in Buffalo, New York.
- This site is designated Highway Commercial in the City's Official Plan and zoned Highway Service Commercial (HC 269) in the City's Zoning By-law.
- Permitted uses for Highway Commercial include: an animal hospital or shelter; car wash; beer store; bowling alleys; automobile service station; dry cleaning plant and laundries; electrical appliance sales and/or service establishment; florist shops; garden and produce centres; liquor stores; motels; motor hotels; theatres; plumbing & heating sales and service establishments; public uses of any kind; merchandise service shop; private clubs; restaurants (eat-in, take-out or drive-in) and/or refreshment rooms; studios; taxi establishments; drive-in theatres; vehicle repair shops; vehicle sales or rental establishments; caterer; dairy operation; banks; furniture refinishing and/or sales and/or upholstery shop; building & construction supplies; professional & business offices; a motor fuel retail outlet; convenience type retail store; water supply outlet; personal service shop; pet grooming establishment.
- In addition to Highway Commercial permitted uses, this site may also be used for one hotel.
- Highway Service Commercial zoning also allows for accessory dwelling units in a building in combination with one or more of the uses listed above, except car washes; automobile service stations; drycleaning plants; taxi establishments; drive-in theatres; vehicle repair shops; vehicle sales or rental establishments; furniture refinishing and/or sales and/or upholstery shops; and motor fuel retail outlet; provided that not more than half of the gross floor area of such building is used for dwelling units and further provided that such dwelling units, except entrances thereto, are located entirely above the ground floor.
- Surrounding land uses:
North: Residential subdivision.
East: Fast-food establishments.
South: Commercial plaza with grocery store.
West: Vacant land zoned for residential development.
Assessed Property Value
The 2008 assessed property value of this site is approximately $579,000. This is based on the site being assessed as Commercial Vacant Land.
For more information or further assistance, please contact:
General Manager & Director
Economic Development, Tourism & Marketing
City of Port Colborne
296 Fielden Avenue
Port Colborne, Ontario, L3K 4T6
Tel: 905-834-1668 ext. 500
Email Stephen Thompson