Subscribe to the Port Colborne Economic Development News and have it delivered straight to your email in-box!
Port Colborne Economic Development News is now published in an on-line, HTML format. Please navigate through the table of contents below to access the latest articles.
Highlights in the Spring/Summer 2012 issue include:
· Stolk Construction Ltd. celebrates 50 years of business
· Can-Eng Furnaces International Ltd. expands to Port Colborne
· Increases in building and development
· Port Colborne partners on successful Niagara Industrial Buyer/Seller Show
· SNCFDC supports small business
· New video helps promote Ontario’s Carbohydrate Valley
· Carbohydrate Valley showcased at leading industry events
· Carbohydrate Valley and tourism marketing initiatives win first place honours at 2012 Ontario Economic Development Awards
· Specialist High Skills Major programs help grow Port Colborne’s labour force
· Oskam Steel honoured for contributions to education
· Summer 2012 Photography Contest
· Port Colborne named one of Canada’s top Ultimate’ fishing towns – again!
Highlights in the Winter 2011-2012 issue include:
- Eataly Foods Café Deli chooses downtown Port Colborne
- Canalside Kitchen Store opens in downtown Port Colborne
- Niagara's South Coast Tourism Association Update
- Port Colborne boosts support for marine transportation industry
- Small Business Week event showcases local businesses
- Annual Chamber President's Awards nominations
- BDC launches new financing and consulting solutions for business
- Energy Connections 2011/2012
- High Performance New Construction Program
- Federal Government introduces new $50 million Agricultural Innovation Program
- City and Chamber of Commerce promote holiday shopping in Port Colborne and Wainfleet
Highlights in the Fall 2011 issue include:
- InSync Speech Technologies chooses Port Colborne
- eShine Canada opens expanded location in Port Colborne
- New Relocation Guide promotes living in Port Colborne
- Tourism and retail sectors hope to build upon strong summer season
- Port Colborne earns five international marketing awards
- $32 million Health and Wellness Centre under construction
- City director recognized as a new leader in economic development
- MV Algoma Mariner christened in Port Colborne
- New Arts & Culture Route Guide
- Regional Transit strengthens links to Port Colborne
- Still time to complete your Niagara's South Coast Adventure Passport
Highlights in this Spring/Summer 2011 issue include:
- Bio tour showcases Carbohydrate Valley
- Taste of Niagara Event in Toronto draws over 100 food industry representatives
- Scotiabank Convention Centre creates new opportunities to market Port Colborne
- Industrial Buyer/Seller Forum showcases local industrial businesses
- Port Colborne awarded three economic development marketing awards
- Top Hat Ceremony marks start of 2011 Welland Canal shipping season
Highlights in the Winter 2011 issue include:
· Increase in Seaway traffic good for local businesses
· Port Colborne’s wind energy clusters profiled at national wind industry conference.
· Port Colborne takes leadership role in sponsoring Highway H2O conference.
· Chamber of Commerce President’s Awards Reception.
· J. Oskam Steel Manufacturing Ltd. celebrates 40th Anniversary.
· Niagara Industrial Buyer Seller Forum.
· Port Colborne hosts annual Merritt Day Celebration.
· Niagara’s South Coast Adventure Passport Winners announced.
Highlights in the Fall 2010 issue include:
· Port Colborne City Council has adopted the city's first comprehensive economic development strategy.
· Humberstone hall was showcased to the national news media as an excellent example of how to increase accessibility.
· Port Colborne celebrates small business week October 17-23
· New publications showcase Port Colborne's heritage sites, properties, and the history of the Welland Canal
Highlights in the Summer 2010 issue include:
Highlights in this issue include:
· Economic Development Office Helps Promote Port Colborne's Bio Energy
· Government of Canada invests $3.6 million to aid Main Street revitalization efforts
· New Visitor Information Centre opens in restored Humberstone Hall building
· Claire's Delivery expands; adds 12 new Mack Trucks to meet the growing demands of Pinty's Delicious Foods
Highlights in the Spring 2010 issue include:
- Economic Development Strategy Draft Findings and Recommendations discussed with the public on March 30th.
- New online information tools on City's website help provide additional information to residents, stakeholders, businesses and investors.
- Niagara Buyer Seller Forum brings companies together, explores green energy opportunities.
· Main Street area investments and improvements.
Highlights in the Winter 2010 issue include:
- Port Colborne Economic Development is creating the city's first comprehensive economic development strategy. Input invited from all individuals and stakeholders.
- New Competitive Analysis indicates employment in manufacturing, health care and social services as integral elements in local economy.
- Workforce Committee established to help boost skills in the local labour force.
- New ownership and investment helps convert former flour mill into grain elevator.