Frequently Asked Questions

Q: How much does the concert cost, are they all ages, and where are they held?

A: Concerts are free with donations being accepted at all concert entrances. We ask you pay what you can. Concerts are all age shows, however ID is required to purchase, hold or consume alcohol and a wrist band policy is in effect and strickly enforced.  H.H. Knoll Lakeview Park is home to your FREE Concerts. 

Q: Can I bring my dog/pet?

A: For the health and safety of all pets and patrons of the festival, Canal Days ONLY allows registered service dogs on festival grounds. 

Q: When will the concerts be released?

A: Concert listings are released when all contracts have been signed and adhered to requests by all involved parties.  Dates for release are subject to change and at the request of the provider.  Generally this is closer to the festival date as some bands charge for their performances  within the calendar summer event season and if they are performing within driving distance of a designated minimum kilometered distance of our event. 

Q: When is the program ready?

A: The Canal Days program is generally available at the beginnig of July for public release.

Q: Where do I buy cruise tickets?

A: Cruise tickets are available at the Roselawn Center prior to July 31.  After such date tickets are available at City Hall.  All cruise information is available here.

Q: How do I become a Vendor?

A: Vendor applications are available on the City of Port Colborne website, under Canal Days, Vendors.  There is only application for all 3 categories, FOOD, RETAIL and or COMMUNITY GROUP. You can contact the Event Coordinator at for more information

Q: How do I become a Volunteer?

A: Applications are available on the City of Port Colborne website, under Events, Volunteers.  Fill in the form and submit. The application then goes directly to the Volunteer Coordinator who will be in contact with you shortly there after. You can also pick up a form at the Vale Health & Wellness Centre, Roselawn Centre, and City Hall.

Q: What qualifications are required to become a volunteer?

A: Every effort is made to match a volunteer position with your skillset. A criminal record check is required if you are over the age of 18 years and or/are involved in the Children's Area. You must possess Smart Service certification in order to serve in licensed areas. 

Q: How do I find the festival once I reach Port Colborne?

A: Canal Days is situated along the Welland Canal and the shoreline of Lake Erie. Steele Street, Elm Street, King Street, Sugarloaf Street and Welland Avenue will all lead you to the festival. The core of the festival is on West Street.  Getting here.

Q: Is there Shuttle Service?

A: Yes, FREE air conditioned buses are avaible on both the East side (Vale Health & Wellness Centre, Elizabeth Street)  and West side (West side Plaza, corner of Highway 3 and West Side Road) of Port Colborne. Shuttles do not cross routes, only East and West shuttles.  Shuttle stops.

Q: Can my band play?

A: TNR productions handles booking of all acts. Submissions are accepted between September and February by contacting, during such time. Any submissions outside of the designated  months will not be kept on file.

Q: When are fireworks?

A: Fireworks are held on Sunday evening, generally around 10pm.  The night lighted boat parade is held prior to the start of the fireworks and once the St. Lawrence Seaway Authority clears the canal then fireworks will start.  PLEASE NOTE: factors beyond festival control can delay the start of the SPECTACULAR show. We thank you for your consideration to such delays and hope you enjoy this FREE ONE OF A KIND FIREWORKS DISPLAY!

Q: Where do I find food?

A: Food, both food truck and commercial vendors are located on West Street (between Clarence and Charlotte), on Charlotte Street (dining area 1) and West Street and Victoria (dining area 2).

Q: Is there a Patio?

A: Canal Days offers you the opportunity to sit along the canal and watch the ships pass in and out of the canal.  A one of a kind view while being able to enjoy a cold beverage. ID is required and is located on West Street (between Victoria and Adelaide Street).

Q: Is there ATM's on site?

A: In addition to many financial institutions in the surrounding festival grounds there are ATM's on site along West Street, within Market Square, Vale Health & Wellness Center and the Marina.