This photograph was taken from the east side of Port Colborne showing the south side of the Weir Bridge near the Duke's Hotel.  It looks west on Main Street West.  The buildings visible in the background are a shoe repair shop, a bowling alley, a jewellers, a butcher shop, a post office, three restaurants, a women's clothing store, a grocery store and a dry goods store.  The photograph was taken in 1945.  It was donated in 1995 by Marcia Turner.