Barrick Road and Highway 58 Property Profile
Barrick Rd. & Hwy 58, Port Colborne, Ontario, Canada, 34.16 acres
General Site Description
This site is 34.16 acres of land for Residential Development. It is in close proximity to schools, shopping, parks, and major transportation routes.
To the south-east of the site there is an additional 12.4 acres of land zoned for Residential Development that may also be available.
- 34.16 acres of development ready, greenfield land.
- Currently, this site is being used for agricultural purposes, specifically grain cultivation.
- Water, sanitary sewer, electricity, gas, and telecommunication connections are available at the southern and eastern frontages of the site.
- The site is located close to two expressways. It is 12 km (7.5 miles) from Hwy. 406 which is part of Ontario's sophisticated highway network, and is 24 km (15 miles) from the Queen Elizabeth Way, which offers numerous connections to Western New York. The site is also close to three other provincial highways that serve as secondary transportation routes in Ontario.
- Port Colborne is located 20 to 30 minutes from the Peace Bridge, which connects to the Interstate Highway System in Buffalo, New York.
- Port Colborne is located 30 to 40 minutes from the Buffalo International Airport in Buffalo, New York. Lester B. Pearson - Toronto International Airport is located 90 to 120 minutes away.
- This site is designated Urban Residential in the City's Official Plan and zoned Residential Development in the City's Zoning By-law.
- Permitted uses for Residential Development include: one single detached dwelling on one lot, and uses, buildings and structures accessory to the foregoing permitted use.
- Surrounding land uses:
North: Vacant land, zoned Residential Development.
East: Vacant land, zoned Residential Development, and an established residential subdivision.
South: Residential dwellings.
West: Vacant land, zoned Residential Development, and residential dwellings.
Assessed Property Value
- This site is comprised of several property parcels. The sum of the individual 2008 assessed property values is $328,000. This is based on the site being assessed as Residential.
For more information or further assistance, please contact:
General Manager & Director
Economic Development, Tourism & Marketing
City of Port Colborne
296 Fielden Avenue
Port Colborne, Ontario, L3K 4T6
Tel: 905-834-1668 ext. 500
Email Stephen Thompson