Port Colborne Election logo 2018


Election Questions and Assistance

Please contact the City Clerk's Division with questions, comments and concerns regarding the Municipal Election.

Telephone: 905-835-2901 ext. 109

Email: election@portcolborne.ca


Run for School Board Trustee

To run for any of the four school boards on the day the Nomination Paper is filed, a person must be:

 ·       A Canadian citizen.

·       At least 18 years of age.

·       A resident in the area of jurisdiction of the board.

·       Not legally prohibited from voting.

·       Not disqualified by any legislation from holding municipal office.

Who cannot be a School Board Trustee candidate

The following people are disqualified from being elected as a school board trustee, or from holding office on any school board:

 ·       A Clerk, Treasurer, Deputy Clerk or Deputy Treasurer of any municipality within the area of jurisdiction of the school board except those on an unpaid leave of absence.

·       A member of the Provincial Legislature, the Federal House of Commons or Senate who has not resigned from their office by the close of nominations. Proof of resignation must be provided by the close of nominations or the Clerk will not certify the nomination.

·       A candidate who failed to file the necessary financial statement in the last municipal election or by-election.

School board employees

·       Employees of any school board (including supply teachers) are disqualified from being elected as school board trustee or from holding office on any school board, except during a leave of absence.

·       The employee must be on a leave of absence before filing their nomination paper.

·       They must provide the Clerk with documentation showing that they have taken the leave of absence and the effective date.